Below is the overall Star MegaDO 9 schedule. Additional events and activities may be scheduled—expect a few surprises!
Arrive in Frankfurt
2 PM - 4 PM: Registration
- Registration at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center. Please bring your passport in order to pick up your badge – and your MegaDo polo shirt if you have ordered one!
6:30 PM: Optional dinner at Immer Satt
- Cost: €49 Euros per person (3 course meal plus two beers or two glasses of wine.)
- This is an optional event. If you have signed up for the event, please meet at Immer Satt Robert-Mayer-Straße 41, 60486 Frankfurt am Main at 6:30 PM and bring your ticket or present your barcode on your phone.
- The event has sold out, and we apologize that we are unable to accomodate walk-ons.
- IMPORTANT: Note location change. The event was originally shceduled at Ebbelwoi Unser.
Overnight in Frankfurt
Meet Marriott and Star Alliance
2:30 PM: Marriott focus groups
- Opening remarks by Richard Carret, Director Marketing & Communications, Star Alliance.
- Marriott Bonvoy focus groups.
6 PM - 8 PM: MegaDo 10th Anniversary Reception
- Join us for the MegaDo opening and 10th anniversary party, sponsored by Marriott Bonvoy. Drinks and heavy canapes will be served.
Overnight in Frankfurt
A day with Star Alliance
9:30 AM A day with Star Alliance
- Meet Jeffrey Goh, CEO of Star Alliance, and Christian Draeger, VP Customer Experience of Star Alliance: presentation and Q&A session.
- Lunch break.
- Airport and maintenance tours. Options include:
- Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 tour.
- Singapore Airlines A380 tour.
- Lufthansa A380 hangar tour.
- Airport (airside) tours – check out the construction site of the new terminal which is schedule to in 2023, with one pier opening in 2021.
- Zeppelin Museum tour.
- Filming and photographing are not permitted in the Lufthansa Technik area. Mobile phones must be switched off. No open shoes allowed.
6 PM Dinner
- Dinner, friends, and geekiness! (Drinks not included.)
Overnight in Frankfurt
MegaDo charter flight: FRA-HAM-DBV-ZAG
5:30 AM Breakfast to go
- Boxed breakfast courtesy of the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center, served in the lobby from 5:30 AM to 6:30 AM, for attendees booked on the MegaDo rate. Please understand that this excludes award stays, corporate bookings, and any bookings made without the MegaDo link. A full breakfast will be served in the air.
7:30 AM OU 9427 FRA/HAM
- The official MegaDo flight, OU 9427, an A320 operated by Croatia Airlines, departs FRA!
- Breakfast will be served.
- 8:50 AM: Arrival at Hamburg International Airport (HAM.)
- Note: We are waiting for confirmation that we can land at Finkenwerder Airport (XFW), Airbus’ private airport which is used exclusively for corporate, freight, test and delivery flights. At this time, due to operational requirements, we expect to land at HAM.
8:45 AM: Tour of Airbus Hamburg
Bus transfer from Hamburg International Airport (HAM) to Airbus.
Arrival at Airbus and welcome presentation.
Site tour, including the A320 final assembly line and A330 / A350 fuselage production.
Transfer back to Hamburg international Airport.
2 PM: OU 9428 HAM/DBV
- We depart Hamburg International Airport on our private charter flight OU 9428.
- Lunch will be served. Open bar in all classes of service, plus sparkling wine in Business Class!
- 4:05 PM: Arrival at Dubrovnik Airport (DBV)
4 PM: Beach party in Dubrovnik!
- Bus transportation to the Sheraton Dubrovnik.
- Beach party sponsored by Marriott Bonvoy featuring an open bar, hot and cold buffets, desserts, music, traditional Croatian Folklore dancing, and gifts! Bring your swimwear!
- Return to Dubrovnik Airport.
8 PM: OU 9429 DBV/ZAG
- The final leg of our private charter flight OU 9429 takes us to Zagreb, the home of Croatia Airlines.
- Complimentary wine in all classes of service!
- Arrival at Zagreb airport at 8:55 PM.
Welcome party at Zagreb airport
- Welcome party at Zagreb airport.
- Bus transportation to the Westin Zagreb.
Overnight in Zagreb
16 – 19
Beyond MegaDo 2019: add-on trip
Celebrate 10 years of MegaDo in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina!
For the first time in history of the MegaDo, we are offering an add-on trip on the heels of the main event. Join us in Croatia and Bosnia Herzegovina with PBS TV Star Rudy Maxa.
The trip will start on Wednesday, Oct. 16th in Zagreb immediately after MegaDo, and end on Saturday, October 19th in Dubrovnik at 3 PM.
Wednesday October 16th
- Pick up at at the Westin Zagreb at 3:30 PM.
- Rudy Maxa and our local guide will take you on an afternoon walking tour of downtown Zagreb,
including a ride on the funicular and a visit to the famous St. Mark’s Square.
- Dinner at the famous Restoran Vinodol.
- Transfer to Zagreb Airport.
- Flight to Dubrovnik at 10:05pm.
- Overnight at the Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel.
Thursday October 17th
- Breakfast from 6 am.
- 10am sharp: excursion to the island of Korcul (2.5 hour and ferry drive.) Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring your passport.
- Tour of Korcula.
- Tour of Lovric Winery.
- Dinner at Restaurant Puntizela, a great seafood restaurant right on the beach close to our hotel.
Friday October 18th
- Day trip to Bosnia Herzegovina and Mostar (3 hour drive one-way.) BRING YOUR PASSPORT.
- Tour the historical city center, the famous bridge, mosque, and churches.
- Lunch at Restaurant Babilon with a breathtaking view of the bridge.
- Evening in Old Town Dubrovnik.
Saturday October 19th
- Spend the morning by the pool or take a trip with Rudy to Dubrovnik Old town, departing
the hotel at 10 AM and returning to the hotel at 1 PM. (Lunch is not included.)
- Transportation to the airport will be provided at 3:30 PM. We recommend booking flights that depart DBV after 5 PM.
NOTE: The schedule is subject to change.
- All air and ground transportation, as well as boat/ferry tickets.
- Tour of Zagreb.
- Accommodations at the Sheraton Dubrovnik, including full breakfast.
- Lunch and dinner daily (except on Saturday), along with some drinks.
Double rooms: $699. $249 single room supplement.